After finding out all the necessary nuances and subtleties of preparing the aquarium, you can talk about the final stage - the launch of the aquarium. There is nothing complicated and intricate in this matter. It is quite simple and clear.
Firstly, you need to make sure that all the necessary equipment is purchased:
- aquarium stand
- lamps (if they are not in the lid of the aquarium)
- tests PH, DH, KH
- the most necessary inventory in the first stage
Secondly, you need to choose a place where the aquarium will stand, check the strength and reliability of the stand:
- Put the aquarium on a stand, having previously placed a sheet of polystyrene (felt, polystyrene foam, polyethylene foam, etc.) under the bottom of the tank. The thickness of the sheet should be approximately 0.5-10 mm (it all depends on the total weight of the aquarium).
- Check if the aquarium is leaking (pouring a certain amount of water into it); it is better to carry out this manipulation in the bathroom (if the volume of the aquarium is small). At the same time as checking for integrity, you can wash the aquarium. That is, the test can be carried out before installing it on the stand.
- Place soil in the aquarium. You can also place various decorative elements, fertilizers for plants (if the planting sites of each type of plant are known in advance), trees, stones, a filter, a thermometer and a heater. At this stage, you do not need to plug anything into the outlet!
- First fill the aquarium half, place the plants. To prevent soil from eroding, put a plate or saucer at the bottom and pour water directly onto it. Water may be warm. Large plants are usually located at the rear walls. Medium and small - in the center, and the smallest in the foreground.
- After planting and decorating the aquarium with decorative elements, you can add water to a level where about 3 cm remains to the edge.
- Turn on the equipment and check its performance.
- Adjust the operation of the filters and the process of air passage.
- Measure the temperature of the water.
- Check the level of PH, DH, KH.
- Check the operation of the entire system for three days. This will allow you to adjust the operation of the equipment and learn how to manage the aquarium.
- You can start the fish in a week. If you use biostarter (to speed up the process of establishing the nitrogen cycle), the fish can be launched in a day.
The most common type of home reservoir is the general decorative aquarium. In such an aquarium, several errors will be invisible if this error does not consist in buying predatory fish.
At first glance, it can be small and very cute fish, but over time, you may find that the fish becomes smaller and smaller. Therefore, when choosing fish, you should do this very carefully and carefully.
The costs of maintaining the aquarium and its inhabitants are not shocking in their size, they are real and acceptable. And if you are “sick” with aquariums and its inhabitants, then certainly it will be affordable for you.
And lastly, if the owner of the aquarium is a child, then an ideal option would be a 60 cm long tank and a kit for beginners. If this is an adult, then it is better to start with a tank 100-120 cm long.