There are several types of feed, each of which is designed for a specific purpose. Feed is divided into basic and special, in addition, there are fertilizers and goodies that make the daily diet of aquarium inhabitants more diverse.
For dry food, nutrition is very important, the content of the optimal amount of nutrients that are well absorbed by the fish organism, thereby reducing water pollution by organic secretions. Each type of food offered to aquarium inhabitants should strengthen the immune system, provide vital energy and improve the natural color.
The following types of dry feed can be distinguished:
- Flakes - a dry food in the form of flakes, ideal for feeding fish living in all aquatic layers of the aquarium. Flakes have a long shelf life and do not pollute water.
- Granular food - slowly sinks to the bottom of the aquarium, easily eaten by fish.
- Chips - contain significantly more energy than regular flake food. With regular use of this feed, the nitrate content in the water is significantly reduced.
- Chopsticks - Chopstick nutritious food is especially recommended for large fish.
- Tablets and plates - quickly sink to the bottom of the aquarium, allowing you to accustom the fish to a constant feeding place, and helps to feed shy fish, as tablets can be hidden among plants in secluded places in the aquarium.